Statement of Purpose
The statement of purpose is an official document that defines the services provided by online doctor DrEd (Health Bridge Limited, trading as DrEd), where we provide them and who is responsible for overseeing them. You can find out more about how we adhere to Care Quality Commission guidelines here.
- DrEd aims to provide regulatory-compliant online and remote medical services.
- The aim for DrEd services is to make medical care more accessible for patients by harnessing technology to remove the need for a face-to-face doctor consultation.
- DrEd aims to offer a defined list of clinical services. DrEd does not seek to provide open-ended care for patients with any medical problem. In general most services are aimed at low-risk patients that value convenience or want to avoid embarrassment by using DrEd’s online and remote medical services.
- DrEd aims to provide all key aspects of medical care in the services it chooses to provide, namely information, advice, diagnosis, testing and treatment.
- DrEd will employ qualified GMC-registered UK-based doctors. These doctors are experienced in general medicine, travel medicine and sexual health.
- All DrEd doctors will work to strict clinical protocols that have been defined for each service.
- DrEd collaborates with leading medical specialists and opinion leaders in relevant clinical areas to develop guidelines and protocols for its services.